AARP Free Tax Help
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will be at the Warner Library every TUESDAY, from February 5, through April 9, 2013, from 10am to 3pm. Certified counselors help people with low- and moderate-income, with special attention to those age 60 and older, on a first-come, first-serve basis. The library is wheelchair accessible.
Please bring the following with you when you come:
- Copy of last year’s income tax return(s);
- W-2 forms from each employer;
- Unemployment compensation statements;
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits;
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends;
- Documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
- 1099-misc. showing any miscellaneous income;
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity;
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid;
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
AARP offers the Tax-Aide counseling program at more than 7,000 sites nationwide during the filing season. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 1-888-227-7669 or visit AARP's website.
Ayuda en Español:
Call the Warner Library at 914-631-7734 for more information.